Dr. Shiuli Mukherjee
Dr. Shiuli Mukherjee, board certified in Reproductive Endocrinology and surgery by the National Board of Indian society of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. She received her medical degree from Calcutta University and completed her residency at NRS Medical College. She fulfilled her post graduation in Gyaenecological medicine and surgery (MD & MS) from SSKM / PG hospital, IPGMER Kolkata. She completed her Fellowship in IVF and Reproductive endocrinology (FNB) under National Board of India, from Institute or Reproductive Medicine with special training from Denever, USA on 3D Ultrasound and cryopreservation. She did her fellowship in Reproductive surgery ( Hysteroscopy & Laparoscopy) from Kiel University, Germany.
She is the Founder Director of Mukherjee Fertility Centre, the first IVF Centre of Howrah. Her interest in popularizing Mild stimulation IVF especially in low socioeconomic group has led her to be involved in much research work published in Journal of Human Reproductive Sciences. Apart from that she writes regular articles in different daily Bengali weeklies like Sarir O Sasthya, Susasthya etc.
- Her focus or research lies on lite IVF (Mild Stimulation IVF), recurrent pregnancy loss, poor ovarian reserve and surrogacy.
- In spare time she enjoys painting (Oil paint on abstract art) and creative writing (short story and poetry).
- Dr. Mukherjee sees patients at Belur and Murshidabad.
- MBBS fron N.R.S. Medical College in 2002
- Followed by Child Specialization (DCH) in 2005
- MRCOG 2006
- MD(Obstetrics & Gynecology) from SSKM/IPGMER, Kolkata in 2008
- Special training on 3D USG on follicular tracking and SSG (Sono-hystero-salpingography) under American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM)-PG course 2010
- Clinical IVF and Embryology Lab ( conventional IVF and ICSI) experience of 2 years at Institute of Reproductive Medicine, Kolkata under Prof. B.N.Chakravarty
- USG - TVS of pelvic organs with special expertise in interventional TVS( Ovum Pick Up) and USG guided Embryo Transfer
- Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy of gynecology-trained under Karl-Storz-Gyaenoscopy programme
- Post Doctoral Fellowship in Infertility and IVF under National Board (FNB) from Institute of Reproductive Medicine, Kolkata, 2009-2011
- University Topper in MD (G&O) from I.P.G.M.E.R/ SSKM Hospital, Kolkata - 2008.
- Gold Medal at Annual Examination of M.D.(G&O) from SSKM Hospital - 2008.
- First Certificate at Thesis Work in MD.(G&O) from SSKM Hospital.
- Class Assistant in G& O at NRS Medical College - 2002.
- Presentation on Endometrial Receptivity at American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) in 2010 at Colorado, Denver, USA. Click to download
- Presentation on Unexplained Recurrent Miscarriage in Indian Society of Assisted Reproduction (ISAR) - 2010.
- Presentation on Gonadotropin in Ovulation Induction Revised
- Faculty in Yuva FOGSI conference at Malda-2008- Lecture on Fetal Reduction.
- Faculty at Annual Conference of BOGS- 2009- Lecture on Role of Forceps Delivery.
- Faculty at Annual Conference of BOGS- 2010- Lecture on Role of Infertility Practitioners.
- Executive committee member of BOGS ( Bengal Obstetrics and Gynecological Society) - since 2009.
- Editor of BOGS Times- News Bulletin of Bengal Obstetrics and Gynecological Society (BOGS) - 2009.
- Convener of Infertility sub-committee BOGS-2010-2011, Organized CME of infertility under banner of Bengal Obstetrics and Gynecological Society - 2010.
- Dr. B.C.Lahiri Memorial Award for scoring highest marks in MD(G&O) examination- 2009.
- Nihar Bala Memorial award for Gold medal in MD ( G&O) - 2009 given by Honorable Health Minister of West Bengal.
- Paper presentation at American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) in 2010 at Colorado, Denver, USA.
- First prize at debate competition at Foundation day of BOGS, 2005& 2006.
- Best paper prize in Annual Conference of Indian Fertility Society (IFS) - FERTIVISION 2010 at Delhi.
- Low cost IVF in ICSI cycles in Male factor infertility. Journal of Human Reproductive Sciences - issue 2, August 2012. Click to open
- Association of Metabolic Syndrome in PCOS-An observational study - Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of India,Issue 2, March-April 2011. Click to open
- Pinopode and Cytokine expression in Unexplained Recurrent Miscarriage Abstract in Fertility and Sterility, vol.94, no.4, 2010, P-47. Click to open
- Comparative evaluation of pregnancy outcome in gonadotrophin-clomiphene combination vs clomiphene alone in polycystic ovarian syndrome and unexplained infertility - A prospective clinical trial - in Journal of Human Reproductive Sciences - issue 2, May-August 2010.
- Role of Partogram in women in labour, Indian Perinatology Journal - 2009.
- Surrogacy : Myth and Truth, Sorir O Sasthya, November edition, Bengali health journal, 2012.
- IVF and Science behind ICSI : Susasthya, October edition, Bengali Health magazine, 2013.
- Cryopreservation can save fatherhood: even after cancer, Sorir O sasthya, Bengali Health magazine, October 2013.
- Short height: no problem in conception: Sorir O sasthya, Bengali Health magazine, april 2013.
- Hirsutism anf fertility : any impact if at all? Sorir O sasthya, Bengali Health magazine, June, 2013.